Tan Accelerator, Everything You Need To Know
- August 14, 2019
No matter, in which part of the world you are, when summer is around the corner, beautiful and bronze tan becomes A MUST. If you want to get that chocolate skin fast, a tan accelerator can make things work surprisingly quick. The problem arises when you finally have to choose one. So, here is an article specially for you: tan accelerator. Everything you need to know about it!
A lot of times we are afraid to use self-tanners, but we still crave for that beautiful, sexy tan. Not only it makes your skin more glowy and desirable, but also it creates more confidence. If natural, summer beach tan is what you are reaching for than a tan accelerator will become your new best friend.
We are hoping you will find some useful information, tips and advises, before getting your first tan accelerator.
How Does Tan Accelerator Work?
Tan accelerators do not work as a usual fake tan. Self-tanners are working by changing the color of the dead skin cells, while tan accelerators work by stimulating melanin production in your skin. This helps to bring out your natural color when you are exposed to the sun. Melanin is the pigment that gives your skin its color. In simple words, the more melanin your skin produces, the darker your tan will become.
What Tan Accelerator Will Do For The Skin?
Tan accelerator doesn’t create a fake tan. It stimulates the melanin production and this will encourage your skin to glow naturally, get a deeper tan, won’t cause streaks and will last much longer than an instant tan. Depending on what tan accelerator you will choose, it can not only bring out the brown, chocolate color in your skin but also can keep your skin looking young and healthy too with anti-aging ingredients.
Some tan accelerators can help you to strengthen your skin defenses. They moisturize, soothe, hydrate and protect your skin.
When Should Tan Accelerator Be Used?
You can use tan accelerator not only before tanning. If you are reaching for long-lasting tan results, apply the product also after the tanning session. Not to mention, you can use it in the open sun and in indoor tanning sunbeds. Applying tan accelerator before going to indoor tanning sunbeds also provides a lot deeper tan and faster results.
For example, some tan accelerators should be used daily for 2 weeks minimum prior to a sunny holiday. And don’t forget that you can use it every evening after sun exposure. This, as mentioned before, makes sure that you take all the benefits of the holiday sunshine.
Can Tan Accelerator Include Fake Tan?
To be completely honest, it is a general rule, that most tan accelerators do not include fake tan. Tan accelerating products mainly focus on developing a real tan. It happens by stimulating the production of melanin, as it was detailed before.
However, there are some products available, which offer both tan acceleration and self-tanning properties. It is mainly useful for those, who need very intense results in a very short amount of time. But keep in mind, that it works also a bit similar to a self-tanner. Which means you will have to take care of your skin quite carefully. We recommend to read more about it in our other article How long does self tanner last.
SPF Is Still Necessary
Always keep in mind, that a tan accelerator is not a replacement for sun cream. There are tan accelerators, that contain SPF, but they still should be used as an addition to your normal sun protection. Basically, it is not an alternative to sun protection lotions. You can find a wide range of them in any cosmetics store.
A Guide To Tan Accelerators
Since these days we have a wide range of different tan accelerators, it might be hard to choose. Some are formulated mainly for use with indoor tanning sunbeds, some are for also outdoor use, and some are suitable for both. Most of the tanning lotions are designed to rapidly decrease the amount of time it takes to achieve a bronzed and glowy tan.
If you want to know, what kind of tanning lotion should you use, take a look at the list below.
- Accelerator And Maximizer Lotions
For those of you, who are new to tanning or have pale/sensitive skin, I recommend to begin with an accelerator/maximizer lotion. Great anti-aging elements such as CoQ-10 are contained in the most of beginner accelerators. It works perfectly for building up a base tan. Beginner accelerators are non-tingle and do not contain bronzers. If you have very dry skin, make sure it is combined with moisturizer.
- Bronzer Lotions
Probably the most popular type of tanning accelerator is the bronzer. Most of us probably have already tried one of those. There are two types of bronzers; the immediate and delayed.
If you want to take a look at how bronzers work, it is quite simple. Bronzers combine DHA and active ingredients. They give an instant, dark tan results and long-lasting color. One of the main pros is that the bronzer continues to develop after a tanning session. It basically continues to improve your tan.
With bronzers, it is important to ensure, that you have applied the product evenly. If not, you can end up with a streaky and patchy tan. It is also better to wipe your hands well after applying a bronzing lotion to your body. This will ensure you do not end up with hands, that are darker than the rest of your body or simply orange.
- Tingle Lotions
This type of lotions is not everybody’s favorite. Tingle lotions give your skin a tingling sensation after applying it. If you ask, why do they do this, it is not hard to explain. The lotion brings the blood to the surface of your skin to boost the effect that UV rays have, thus allowing you to achieve a deeper, darker tan in a shorter period of time.
Tingle lotions are not beginner’s best friend. People, who are looking to achieve an extremely deep tan, can use those. Tip to remember: tingle lotions should not be used by people with sensitive skin. Also, do not be shocked if your skin is becoming red after the application. This effect should last for roughly an hour, not more. In the beginning, it might look like you have a sunburn, but the redness should fade away quickly.
Tan accelerators are a magical invention. They help to improve your tanning experience and get the wanted results a lot faster. Of course, not all of us might need one, but surely the ones who do will find it unchangeable. So, prepare for your holiday on the beach and grab a tan accelerator in your local cosmetics store!
Some Best-Sellers For Your Tanning Session:
Solid Black Dark Tanning Lotion
- Ultra Advanced 100X Silicone Bronzer
- Auto-Darkening Tan Technology
- Product Action: Tan Enhancer, Silicone Bronzer
- Fragrance: Orchid Blush
- Size: 13.5 Fl Oz (400mL) Bottle
- Daily moisturizer and natural skin tone enhancer for medium skin tones that gives you a healthy summer glow as you moisturize.
- Sublime Glow Moisturizer provides a healthy summer glow within 2 to 3 days; with continued use, Sublime Glow Moisturizer gradually darkens and evens skin tone for a beautiful glow of summer all year round.
- Most recognized and widely sold lotion in the tanning industry
- Classic Australian Gold Cocoa Dreams fragrance
- Vitamins A and E
- The No. 1 dark tanning lotion Now with Bronzer!
- Native Australian oils, Vitamins A and E create a skin-hydrating formula for a maximum tanning experience.
- For Indoor and Outdoor Use
- Fragrance: Cocoadreams
- 8.5 oz
- Advanced 200X Black Bronzers are carefully crafted for your darkest tan yet.
- Double dark chocolate extract nourishes skin with potent anti-oxidants.
- An ultra-rich butter & silicone blend melts into skin for a supple & beautiful glow.
- Max Silicones for a magically soft feel and application. DHA-Free, Paraben-Free.
- 100% Authentic Guaranteed.
- Tanning intensifiers deliver dark golden results without the use of bronzing agents.
- Quad Tyrosine Blend + MelanoBronze – Stimulate and increase melanin formation to accelerate the tanning process.
- Melactiva – Melanin synthesizer for darker, longer-lasting results.
- BodyFit – Reduces the appearance of cellulite and promotes firmness.
- Australian Natural: Tea Tree Oil, a powerful antioxidant, works to gently cleanse for smooth skin
- Aloe Vera: This natural plant has excellent soothing and moisturizing properties to leave skin feeling nourished and hydrated
- Bronzers: Melanin, Caramel, Walnut Shell and Carrot Oil combine to impart an immediate, natural-looking glow
- Fragrance: Take an instant vacation with the signature Cocoa Dreams fragrance, combined of Coconut, Orange and Vanilla
- 100% Pure Natural Hemp Seed Oil helps to hydrate, nourish and condition skin leaving it feeling exceptionally soft, smooth and moist.
- Dark Tanning blend combines natural tan enhancers that help prepare your skin for a dark, rich, golden color.
- Blended with rich Mango Seed Butter that helps to hydrate and smooth gentle skin.
- Natural calming extracts including Oatmeal helps to comfort and soothe.
- Non-greasy, lightweight formula absorbs quickly into the skin.
- Each bottle is 8 ounces (227 g)
- All-natural browning lotion made from a secret Hawaiian formula
- Yields a beautiful natural tan by accelerating the sun triggered tanning process
- Safe for dark skin, light skin, and all skin types
- Imported from Maui, Hawaii
- Tempestuous berry fragrance
Tan accelerator. Everything you need to know about it.