Lash Extensions Aftercare
- August 21, 2019
Getting your eyelashes done is exciting. You’re already starting to think about how there is going to be less time spent in front of the mirror every morning. Also, how you will feel confident at that pool party, with no fear of your mascara melting. Well, it is an amazing feeling. But it will not last forever. Sooner or later lash extensions will fall-out. So, what lash extensions aftercare should be like if you want to keep those lashes beautiful for 1 or 2 weeks more than average?
What Is Eyelash Extensions?
Eyelash extensions are basically individual lashes (can be a different length, thickness, curl) that are being glued with specific glue on your lashes, one by one. It can be done in a classical way – one false eyelash on one natural lash. Or it can be dimensional – 2D, 3D, 4D, 5D, 6D and etc. when one false eyelash is being glued on a natural lash but it has 2 or more fake hairs.
Every fake eyelash holds onto your own natural lash. Just like naturally our lashes fall and grow a new one, fake ones fall off with it the old one too. So usually you need to get a refill every 2-5 weeks, depending on your eyelashes strength.
What Should You Be Looking For In Lash Extensions?
Everything depends on your goal. Today we can choose very natural extensions looks and also a very bold ones. If your goal is not a dramatic look, ask the eyelash artist to make your extensions appear softer, more natural. If you want to be intense, go for the Russian volume effect, or Kim Kardashian Instagram eyelashes look.
You can make your eyes look more open, bigger and also more cat-eye like. Avoid getting some spider-legs. The most important is balance and comfortableness.
Choose A Professional Artist
It is very important to choose a good and qualified artist. A bad one can do irreversible damage for your natural lashes. Do good research and find some real reviews, photos of the artist work. A good artist will recommend you suitable length, thickness, and curl of the lashes so that there would be a minimal amount of damage.
Lash Extensions Aftercare
- Avoid water on the lashes as much as you can. For 48 hours after the procedure, it is crucial. The adhesive is easier to affect with the wetness. Also, salty seawater is even worse. Always wash the salty water off the lashes.
- Rubbing your eyes is in general very bad. Causes wrinkles and aging. But if you have any sort of eyelash extensions, it is even worse. Rubbing pulls out the lashes very fast, can get them tangled and increase its falling.
- Do not brush the lashes too often! Only remove any tangles or fix their placement, but do not make brushing a habit. It irritates the lashes, pulls them, and they tend to fall off faster.
- Avoid makeup on your top eyelids. The actual application is not that bad if you do it carefully, although the removal part is really damaging. You either end up with not enough clean eyes, or some eyelash fall-out.
- Avoid oils. If you use eye makeup and remove it with oil-based remover, it is a death penalty for your lashes. Oils disturb the eyelash glue and they tend to fall off.
- No mascara time. Although there are mascaras made for the eyelash extensions, it is still the best if you avoid them. Mascara brush through the lashes and sticks them together. Your natural lashes have to handle even more weight and they have no ability to move, which leads to eyelash fall-out.
- Don’t sleep on your belly. When sleeping, you don’t feel how you rub your face on the pillow. By doing it you increase the chance to lose more of your lashes.
- Don’t use cotton around the eye area. Eyelash extensions tend to collect the cotton material and it can be hard to remove. By trying to get it out, you might pull out a lot of your extensions.
How Much DoLash Extensions Cost?
Eyelash extensions always vary in cost. It depends on location, technician skills, the style or number of lashes you desire and etc. Have in mind, that the more dramatic and bold look you will want to get, the more expensive it will cost you.
Price varies from 80$ to even 500$. This is something you should be aware of. Make sure you ask for the price prior to your visit.
Depending on your financial situation, choose the price that is affordable for you. Not always lower price means lower quality. You should mainly look for positive reviews of the eyelash artist and the photos of his/her work. Don’t hesitate to go somewhere further than your neighborhood area, if the quality of the work seems to be worth it. This can save your natural eyelashes from being damaged.
Lash extensions aftercare can be tiring but it is worth it if you want to save your natural lashes and money. Once it becomes a habit, everything will seem easier and you will not even feel like you are taking care of them. Choose the professional wisely, stay committed to the regime and you will be surprised, how well your eyelash extensions can hold.
Read our other articles: