Cellulite on the Face, everything you need to know
- January 04, 2021
Makeup plays a significant role in the personal care of women and men. However, even though makeup is a resource used to beautify and conceal imperfections of the face, skincare is fundamental for makeup to look good. The existence of diseases such as facial cellulite can cause severe injuries to our skin, and here at Makeup Artist Pro, we will inform you about this disease, treatments, and how to prevent it. If you currently suffer from cellulite on the face we mainly encourage you to search for professional assistance.
What is Facial Cellulite?
Facial cellulite is a bacterial skin infection. It causes an acute subcutaneous infection usually caused by a rupture or fissure in the skin that is invaded by bacteria such as streptococcus or staphylococcus. Facial cellulite is potentially harmful, especially if it appears in the skin area around the eyes. In addition, it can appear elsewhere on the legs, arms, or other areas.
Facial cellulite compromises the skin barrier. Streptococci cause an infection that expands rapidly because the action of enzymes generated by bacteria, degrade the cellular components that would otherwise contain and target inflation. Because the infection (commonly) comes from a cut or injury to the skin, it is more common in people with surgical wounds or cuts and insect bites that were not properly treated. Besides, people with skin problems such as eczema, dermatitis, or mycosis are also at greater risk of developing a case of infectious cellulitis.
Facial Cellulite Symptoms
Facial cellulite causes several symptoms that affect us:
- The affected skin area will be red and will tend to expand
- Swelling in the affected part
- Orange skin
- Red spots
- Skin blisters
- A warm feeling in the infected area
Some factors that increase the possibility of suffering from facial cellulite are:
- Injuries: having cuts, fractures, burns, or scrapes, are a point prone to the entry of bacteria that cause cellulite.
- Weak immune system: a weak immune system, due to diseases such as diabetes, HIV/AIDS, leukemia cause greater susceptibility to infection.
- Cellulite antecedents: if you are a person who has already suffered from cellulite it makes you prone to suffer from it again.
- Obesity: being overweight makes a person vulnerable to cellulite.
- Animal bites: these can cause cellulite, including cat and dog bites and certain cases of insect bites.
Generally, when a cellulitis condition appears, the quick use of an adequate antibiotic treatment solves it. In the case of local abscesses, an incision and drainage will be required. If rare but serious complications are suffered, it can cause severe subcutaneous infection and bloodstream infections with metastatic foci of infections. And if cellulite appears recurrently in the same area, on some occasions it can generate serious damage to the lymphatic vessels, chronic lymphatic obstruction, and lymphedema.
When to Go to the Doctor?
Facial cellulite has a clinical diagnosis and must be detected and treated promptly, as it can spread rapidly throughout the body. Medical attention is important, especially if the following symptoms are present:
- If you have high and continuous fevers
- Red, swollen rash and sensitivity to touch
- Skin secretion (pus)
- Increasing headache or neck pain
- Vision alterations
- Eyelid closed by swelling or releasing fluid (pus)
- Tremors, tachycardia, and delirium, which usually indicate a serious infection
Antibiotics: it is the base treatment for facial cellulite or any infection. Its selection is based on the presence of purulence and other risk factors of serious or persistent infection.
Once the doctor prescribes the antibiotics (and other medicine) to you, follow the next advice:
- Take your medication as instructed until it is finished. Do not skip doses, or the effectiveness of the treatment will decrease, particularly during the first seven days. If the symptoms disappear, do not stop taking them until your treatment ends.
- The use of cold compresses in the affected area will decrease the swelling and pain.
- Pills such as acetaminophen and ibuprofen help ease the pain. If you have chronic liver or kidney disease or have had a stomach ulcer or intestinal bleeding, do not take these medicines. Ask your family doctor in advance to provide you with the appropriate medication for your situation.
Previsions to Keep in Mind to Not Suffer from Cellulite
Doctors often recommend preventive antibiotics if cellulite should recur. However, you can follow these recommendations so that cellulite or other infections do not appear if you have a wound:
Take care of the wound hygiene: Wash the wound every day with soap and water, with gentle movements, and as part of your daily bathing routine. If the wound, scratch, or insect bite is on your face, DO NOT apply makeup. Take care of your facial skin and apply any cream your doctor has prescribed for the wound. Covering the wound with makeup will only make it worse.
Use protective creams: apply daily creams or ointments that protect the wound. For superficial wounds, products such as Vaseline or Polysporin provide adequate protection.
Bandage use: wound protection is important, so cover it with bandages and change them daily.
Do a daily check of your wound: look for signs of infection. If you see redness, pain, or secretions, these are factors that indicate an infection and the need to go to a doctor.
Moisturize your skin: skin moisturization prevents cracking and strengthens the skin.
Have a skincare routine: In case you don’t have a face care routine, establish one. ASAP. Having a healthy, moisturized, and dirt-free epidermis significantly decreases any chance of suffering from facial cellulite. Also, remember to keep your makeup brushes and sponges clean. At the same time, make nighttime facial cleansing and moisturizing an unwavering habit.
The skin of our face is very sensitive and delicate, the heat, the cold, the dryness, and the rays of the sun cause it a lot of damage. Likewise, facial cellulite will not only damage your skin but also make you feel quite unwell. For this reason, it is of utmost importance to take the necessary precautionary measures, and in case you have facial cellulite, follow the appropriate treatment. Remember that the skin is the first protection barrier of your body, and the skin of your face is a presentation card. Never underestimate the results of a special skincare routine.