Best Oil For Dry Hair Ends
- August 20, 2019
Hair oils have been one of the first products used for hair care thousands of years ago. They help to nourish, moisturize, and change the hair appearance in seconds. Whenever we notice dry hair ends, we instantly think about the hair oil, that could fix it. So, what is the best oil for dry hair ends?
What Causes Dry Hair Ends?
Heat styling your hair, a lack of humidity, and even brushing your hair while its wet can cause damage. Many chemical processes, like bleaching or keratin straightening, can turn your strands from soft and supple to stiff and fried. Dry hair ends can be easily removed by a hairdresser with some scissors help. Though, not every time you see a dry end, you want to cut it off. In order to keep the length, you can use oils for dry ends care and improvement.
Why Choose Oils?
Pure oils, or products that only have one type of oil in them, are particularly great choices for reversing the damage. It is because they mimic the oils our scalp naturally produces to protect hair on its own. Depending on what you want to achieve with your oil, there are certain oils that work better than others when solving some specific problem.
In addition, most of the oils are plant- and/or nut-based. It can cause a scalp reaction if you are allergic to their primary ingredient. Make sure you do a spot test before starting to use the product, and also never buy an oil that’s sourced from something you are allergic to.
How To Use Oils For The Hair?
There are a few different ways you can use oils for the hair. You can apply it on dry hair, to give your ends some life and make the hair softer, shinier. You can also use it on wet hair, after washing them, to make the hair brushing easier, avoid tangles, nourish your hair. Last but not least, you can leave the bigger amount of oil in your hair throughout the night and wash it out in the morning. This works more or less like a mask and deep-moisture treatment.
Remember, the thicker the oil is, the more your hair has a chance to become greasy. Choose the amount of oil you use wisely and don’t apply too much.
Coconut Oil is one of the most versatile hair oils, that can suit any hair type. It can act as a heat protectant, repair damaged hair and breakage, help to prevent hair loss, as well as aids in hair growth. Coconut Oil stays inside the hair instead of evaporating because it has moisture-retaining properties. It is also loaded with fatty acids, which let penetrate the hair deeper.
Coconut oil is the best to use as an all-night treatment. Apply it all over the hair before going to sleep and wash it off in the morning. Do it every week. Your hair will feel smooth and silky. Keep in mind, that coconut oil can make your hair look oily if applied on dry hair.
It is solid at room temperature, so before using it, you should heat it up and melt a little. the application will feel more comfortable and go on a lot smoother.
Coconut Oils We Offer To Try:
- 100% extra virgin coconut oil
- Rich in antioxidant Vitamin E and proteins which instantly hydrates to nourish and protect the hair.
- Fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals help restore hair’s vitality.
- Natural triglycerides help retain moisture and keep hair smooth to the touch. It’s great for all hair types, helping to increase shine, softness, and manageability while decreasing frizz.
- Use as desired to moisturize, treat, condition, and hydrate hair or skin, also to remove makeup.
- Fractionated Coconut Oil is sourced from fresh, hand-picked USDA Organic coconuts
- Luxurious moisture boost for body and hair
- Non-greasy and unscented.
- 100% pure, USDA organic, and free from any additives or fragrances.
- Ideal Carrier for Essential Oil Blends
- Absorbs Quickly & Locks In Moisture
- Hexane & Cruelty-Free
Argan oil is also known as Moroccan oil. It is extracted from nuts of the Argan tree, which is found in Morocco. Argan oil is with such beneficial ingredients as vitamin E, ferulic acid, and fatty acids, as well as antioxidants, which fight UV rays, and hair cell damage. This amazing oil will not only protect your hair from heat but will also nourish and moisturize them. Argan oil reduces dryness and frizziness. It is also quite thick, but not as greasy as Coconut oil.
Argan oil can be used on a daily basis. Apply a small amount to your palm, rub your hands together to warm it up and distribute evenly on your damp or dry hair. Mostly concentrating on the ends of the hair, if you have a greasy scalp.
Argan Oils We Offer To Try:
- Works on skin, scalp, and hair to nourish strands, moisturize dry scalp, tame ﬂyaways, and add sheen to hair
- Derived from the nutrient-rich Argan trees of Morocco
- A natural moisturizer, rich in fatty acids known for its intense moisturizing properties for hair.
- Free from harsh chemicals, environmentally responsible, hypo-allergenic, vegan, and cruelty-free.
- Helps moisturize dry scalp
- Reduces the appearance of scarring and stretch marks
- Improves the look of dry, damaged hair
- Its unique formula is based on one of the rarest oils of the world, known as Argan Oil or Argania Spinosa
- It is 100% natural and certified organic
- The leave-in treatment provides hair with a soft, silky feel and a brilliant shine
- It’s dry, non-greasy and absorbs instantly into the hair
- Hair will be nourished, moisturized and strengthened instantly
- Excellent for repairing split ends, preventing breakage and color fade.
Being one of the thickest oils, Castor oil comes from castor beans and is great for hair growth. It has vital qualities like vitamin E, minerals, and proteins. Castor oil also contains antioxidants, which support the keratin in hair, making it stronger, smoother, and healthier. It offers even more great benefits such as controlling hair loss, fighting scalp infections and dandruff (because of its anti-fungal properties), conditioning and moisturizing the hair. Not to mention, it prevents split ends.
Since Castor oil is very thick in consistency, you cannot use it on dry hair, without making it look greasy. It is the best to mix just a few drops with another oil, like Coconut, Argan or any other for one for easier application. Castor oil should be used as a scalp treatment. Massage it into the scalp and leave it on overnight. Wash it out the next morning and repeat every week. You can also use it for eyebrow hair, eyelashes, and as a hot oil treatment.
Castor Oils We Offer To Try:
- Organic Castor Oil, cold-pressed from ethically sourced Castor Seeds from Kerala, India
- Naturally high in Ricinoleic acid
- Fortifies and restores dry, damaged or thinning hair, and promotes hair growth
- Its anti-inflammatory properties and fatty acid content help nourish and treat the scalp to promote growth and strengthen hair at the root – giving you stronger, healthier hair
- It can also be used to naturally lengthen and thicken eyelashes and brows
- 100% pure and natural castor oil
- Unfiltered, undiluted without any additives or fillers
- Rich in vitamins and fatty acids it is truly a wonder carrier oil.
- Can be used to enhance the natural color of your hair and make it look rich and thick
- This oil is a humectant, locking in moisture. When applied on the hair, it preserves the moisture in the hair shaft and makes each strand thicker and darker
- When applied to the scalp it helps circulation and is used for hair growth.
- Jammed packed with fantastic nutrients that promote natural lash growth.
Avocado oil is full of fatty acids and minerals, that are good for the hair. Also, it has biotin. It is one of the best proteins you can add to your hair care routine. It moisturizes while also promoting new, healthy hair growth.
Avocado oil contains vitamin E, and since it’s lighter than olive oil, you can put a drop or two in your hair and use it as a leave-in. Another great way to add avocado oil to your hair care routine is to put it in your regular conditioner. About a tablespoon should be enough. Leave it on for a few minutes, rinse it out.
Avocado Oils We Offer To Try:
- Entirely made in the USA
- From cold-pressed premium avocados grown and bottled in California.
- Pure, raw, natural green emerald color
- Delivers a delicious, powerful avocado aroma.
- Certified Organic by the USDA
- Has NO GMO, NO chemicals, NO preservative, comes in steel packaging (NO PLASTIC!)
- An excellent natural moisturizer, rich in Vitamin E
- Hair conditioner, nourishing dry, damaged or frizzy hair
- Antioxidant-rich light and emollient natural moisturizer which has a multitude of hydrating benefits for hair, skin, face, and nails
- Essential nutrient vitamins A, K, E make it perfect for skincare and hair care
- Contains high amounts of amino acids and proteins which help strengthen the hair
- Can be used by all skin types including sensitive skin
Macadamia oil is one of the highest sources of essential fatty acids. It adds shine and strength to the hair shaft while also nourishing the follicles. It can also help prevent hair loss. Curly-haired girls might see the most benefit from macadamia oil when it’s used as part of a hot oil treatment.
Nut oils tend to be the most intensive, and macadamia is one of the richest ones available. Use it as a weekly mask. It for sure will wake your hair from the dead.
Macadamia Oils We Offer To Try:
- Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment is a versatile curative hair oil ideal for all hair textures
- Our restorative oil treatment is immediately absorbed into your hair and scalp, infusing moisture, softness, protection, and glow
- Exceptionally helpful for hair in need of hydration.
- Deep nourishment to detangle hair and banish frizz
- Quickly absorbed; staying lightweight and non-greasy
- Formulated to give ultra-smooth, manageable, and shiny hair
- Adds natural UV shield to prolong the life of color treatments
- Nourishing Moisture Oil Spray is an ultra-fine mist ideal for medium hair textures
- It is infused with the exclusive Pro Oil Complex that instantly absorbs into hair and scalp providing moisture, softness, protection, and shine.
- Includes Vitamin E, which hydrates and provides a long-lasting, tangle and frizz-free finish
- It offers natural UV protection and extends the life of color.
- Reduces blow-dry time and provides UV protection
Olive oil has rich, moisturizing properties that are amazing for your hair. It coats the shaft of your hair and acts as a heat protectant, as well as conceals the damaged hair strands, giving a sleeker look. Olive oil is the best to use on dark hair since it has natural yellow pigment. Silver platinum blondes out there – be careful!
You can use olive oil as a leave-in treatment or apply 1-2 tablespoons of it to dry or damp hair, distributing it evenly and thoroughly. Wrap in a towel or shower cap and leave on for about 30 minutes. Then you can rinse with cold water and feel free to skip the conditioner.
Olive Oils We Offer To Try:
- Multipurpose Oil for all hair textures and skin types
- Great for moisturizing, soothing, healing and massaging
- Nourish, replenish, moisturize, and heal your hair and skin with this emollient rich beauty product
- Help keep the skin and hair in optimal health and condition
- Formulated with 100% Pure Olive Oil which is packed with anti-aging antioxidants and hydrating squalene, making it superb for hair, skin, and nails
- This Multipurpose Oil is Made in the USA and Safe for the entire family
- Loaded with Vitamins A, B & E & antioxidants
- Surround each hair strand with protection from damaging free radicals
- Made with pure Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Protects hair & scalp
- Relieves dry, itchy scalp & protects from styling damage
- Easy to use
Abyssinian oil is mostly known as organic Crambe seed oil. It is intensely hydrating but extremely light in weight and texture. It is basically a brilliant option for thin, fine or greasy hair. In addition, the molecular structure of Abyssinian oil makes it one of the most heat resistant oils, and perfect to use as a pre-heat styling product.
It is perfect for everyday use, on dry or damp hair. Use a small amount of it and spread it throughout the hair.
Abyssinian Oils We Offer To Try:
- 100% Pure Plant-based, Vegan Vegetarian Formula; Free of Parabens, SLS and Fragrance
- Also known as Crambe Abyssinica seed oil
- Non-greasy and easily absorbed; promotes soft, moisturized skin, face, and hair; for all complexions
- Dropper Bottle provides mess-free easy liquid pouring and UV light protection
- Organic Abyssinian / Crambe Seed Oil, Cold-Pressed, Natural, Fresh, 100% Pure
- A powerful anti-oxidant, and full of natural vitamins and minerals, this oil encourages fuller hair growth when used as a weekly scalp massage
- Abyssinian Oil is full of naturally-occurring beta carotene, provitamin A, vitamin E, carotenoids, tocopheryl & more, ideal for mature or dry skin types, as well as damaged and brittle hair
- Botanical potency of oil clears complexions, detoxifies, moisturizes and balances oil production to create an evener skin tone
- Non-GMO completely Organic 100% pure oil with the highest standards of quality and integrity
- Company does not test its products on animals
Hope this article helped you to find the best oil for dry hair ends. Sometimes it takes a few different tries and then you find what really works for your hair. Make sure you use the hair oils wisely and good luck!