After Tanning Lotion. How to choose?
- August 21, 2019
When it comes to tanning, not every individual loves it. For some, it can be relaxation time, and for others – real suffering. But we all agree on one thing – almost everyone loves that beautiful, brown, summer tan. And while tanning lotions are available everywhere and have their recognition, after tanning lotions are still used not by every individual. Although it should be because of the results it can give. So, after tanning lotion. How to choose?
It doesn’t really matter if you use an indoor tanning bed or you’ve been lying out in the sun, the UV rays are equally as damaging. In any case, if you still feel that tanning is necessary for you, you should take care of your skin properly. Lotions that are supposed to be used after tanning can ensure the best results and longer-lasting, deeper tan.
Take Care Of Yourself After Tanning
Always remember to drink water right after you spend time in the sun or in a tanning bed. Tanning dehydrates the skin, leaves you feeling parched, dizzy and dry. Try to avoid dehydration while tanning also and bring a bottle of water with you to the tanning salon or beach. Drink it slowly, in small amounts, but more often. This will keep your body in balance.
Why Choose After Tanning Lotion?
After tanning lotions are the best friends of all individuals. Whether you want to get more intensive and dark results from your tanning session, or just got burned – after tanning lotions can help in both cases.
Getting a deep, bronzed tan is a dream for many of us. Tanning lotions, accelerators help with getting the desired skin color a lot. But the care of your skin after tanning can make a big difference in how long your tan stays on. Some after tanning lotions not only help to prolong the staying power of that brown, chocolate tan you’ve got but also make it more intense and deep.
Another case, in which after tanning lotions are more than useful, is sunburns. After that amazing tanning session, you get home and take a look in the mirror. Pink piggy is here. You’ve got burned. After tanning lotion with aloe vera extract should be your first choice. It will calm the skin, give you that cooling sensation, and help to get rid of any discomfort that sunburned skin gives.
Allow Time To Pass Between Tanning Sessions
Tanning too often can cause skin damage, that might be irreversible. Also, it can raise your risk for skin cancer. And this applies for both – indoor and outdoor tanning. It is best to visit the tanning salon 2-3 times a week and not more. In addition, when it comes to outdoor tanning, it is similar. Avoid long tanning sessions and choose the safe hours – early morning or after 15-16 p.m.
Some Extra Touches For Your Tan
Consider applying a sunless tanning lotion over your tan to keep it looking darker and staying longer. Sunless tanning products make your skin essentially darker without dangerous UVA and UVB rays. They color the outer layer of the skin giving you a more intense tan. Before applying a sunless tanner, exfoliate your skin and apply regular moisturizer on the areas that have more dead skin (knees, elbows, heels) and then with smooth strokes apply the product on your body. If you see that you have applied too much sunless tanner, use a depilatory cream. It will remove the color so you can try again for a more natural look.
Some Of The Best After Tanning Lotions:
- Ultra-Light texture
- Non-sticky and non-greasy
- Helps preserve your tan and nourish your skin
- Refreshing coconut papaya fragrance
- Dual ribbon formula infused with moisturizing lotion and aloe
- Provides 24 hours of moisturization
- Leaves you feeling hydrated and pampered
- Extends the life of your tan and seals in moisture for a smooth, glowing complexion
- Contains panthenol and aloe
- Conditions skin to help lock in color
- Vitamin E helps to nourish the skin
- Australian Gold signature fragrance
- Aids in healing skin damaged by the sun, salt, and wind
- Seal your deep, dark tan and prevent peeling and flaking
- Made with all-natural ingredients like macadamia nut oil and aloe vera
- Lightweight in consistency and great to use during all seasons of the year to keep your skin smooth, hydrated, and rejuvenated
- Shea Butters – Softens skin without greasy residue
- Body Fit – Reduces the appearance of cellulite and promotes firmness
- Lotus Extract – Powerful anti-aging benefits along with high levels of antioxidants
- Hypoallergenic – Oil-free and wheat-free product
- Tattoo & Color Fade Protector – Protects the life and luster of your tattoos and tanning results
- Vitamins E & C – Boost radiance and enhance the skin’s appearance by fighting free radical damage
- Fragrance: Bourbon & Honey
- Made with Aloe vera, Argan oil, Olive oil, Jojoba oil, Avocado oil, Vitamins B2, B5, and B12, Hyaluronic acid
- Prolongs your tan for up to three days
- Reduces tan break-up and improves fade
- Leaves skin velvety soft and smooth
- Exclusive fade-fighting technology
- Long-lasting, flawless finish
- No fake tan smell
- Silicone tan extender with silk extracts
- Anti-aging and skin-firming benefits
- Fragrance: Platinum Bombshell
- ALA Technology reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles as well as the appearance of dark circles
- Silk Extracts are blended into a silicone formula to lavish the skin in silky-soft hydration
- Exotic oils such as macadamia nut, lavender, and citrus are combined with Cocoa and Shea butter to bathe the skin in hydration while providing rich antioxidants to fight the aging process
- Provides immediate and long-term moisturizing benefits
- Lipocare Blend: anti-wrinkle, firming and slimming complex designed to visibly firm and contour the skin
- Hemp Seed Extract
- Natural humectants condition the skin for 24-hour, all-day moisture
- Anti-Wrinkle and Firming Blend creates a beautiful canvas for visibly younger, toned skin
- Feel like royalty with this Warm Creamy Vanilla fragrance
- Light Passion Fruit Juice-Base contains Vitamins A and C along with other antioxidants specially blended to nourish the skin
- Contains Chamomile to help soothe the skin and reduce the signs of aging
- Safflower Oil and skin emollients help promote increased moisturization and longer lasting hydration
- The white peach fragrance leaves skin noticeably fresh and clean
Hope this article helped you to find yourself an after tanning lotion. Remember to take care of your skin very well and use daily moisturizers, drink water, look after your health.
Read our other articles:
After tanning lotion. How to choose?